Basic node operators stake BFC to verify and create blocks. Validators should expect staking rewards if they stake in the network for at least three months. The longer the staking period, the higher the rewards. The rewards consist of:
- Self-staking rewards which accrue in proportion to the number of staked tokens
- Transaction fees
- A portion of nominators' staking rewards (optional)
For native hardware
For AWS instances
Operating system requirements (Ubuntu 18.04 ~ 22.04 Recommended)
- Linux Kernel 5.16 or later
- Amazon Linux 2: 5.10.130-118.517.amzn2.x86_64 or later
Validators should securely manage two accounts, Stash and Controller accounts, for self-bonding deposit and consensus participation, respectively.
- Stash account: An EVM account for the self-bonding deposit.
- Controller account: An EVM account for consensus participation. It should have enough balance for transaction fees used in certain operations.
Validators require three types of keys as follows:
- AURA key for block production
- GRANDPA key for block finalization
- “Imonline” key to check the node availability